Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Small Ta-Da


I know it isn't a big finish but they all count! Right? This past weekend was so lovely at the lake I was able to get this small finish complete. I only modified it a tiny bit to calm it down a bit. It was just such a fun stitch to me with the patterns. Who knew I could be so amazed by blocks of color. I am not sure if I am going to finish it into a needle book as I originally thought or do a framed piece for my son. You know teenage boys are not really into moms needlework but I think he would like this piece.
Look at these lovely thread I ordered from Nancy. The ladies at the Pals retreat we sat next to really seemed to love them. I ask her to send me 10 and I love all of the colors she pulled for me. Can't wait to work them into a chart or two. I have a small SB fob I am trying to finish this week and then maybe I can pull a chart that will work with these yummy colors.

The wind was so strong today driving home I about blew off the road. It is going to drop into the  20's tonight. This weekend it was in the 70's. Gotta love the weather in the South.

Saying prayers for the people and now rescue workers in the Philippines. How difficult their lives are after the storm that blew through. The pictures are almost too much to believe.It brought back memories of when my husband and I were stuck in hurricane Wilma a few years back in Cancun. It was like a military zone with all the destruction and the marshal law.We were able to return to normal after a few  days trying to figure out how to get home. I held it together until we got on the plane and took off. I started crying when we were in the air. I remember my husband asking why I was crying when we were on our way home. I told him I could not break down while we were in the middle of it all, only when we were on safe on our way home. How difficult to face that as life for the next few years... Pray for them to have strength that only God can provide in that type of crisis.

thanks for stopping by,
Pam

5 comments:

  1. A finish is a finish!! Yay! Love the colors from Nancy. I have a few of her threads and love them. It is hard to watch the footage from the Philippenes. Your experience in Cancun makes it even more real for you to watch than for those of us who haven't seen something like that first hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any finish is a great finish! Beautiful fibers. Weather in the south--snowing one minute and hotter than blazes the next day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joining with prayers for all now facing the devastation in the Philippines...
    Can understand and imagine your tearful relief when leaving Cancun for
    Home.
    Wonderful finish ~ Beautiful Nancy colors,
    Blessings ~
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, every one counts! I love it when there's something I think my son will like, too. I have several colors from Nancy, and enjoy using them, too. Looks like your assortment will make a lovely fall piece! We got a few flurries here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those images from the Philippines are just heartbreaking--I can't imagine what those poor people must be going through...

    Love your thread from Nancy--beautiful colors and nice stitching as well!

    ReplyDelete