Monday, March 28, 2011

double buttonhole assembly



if you are smart you will do this on a doodle cloth first. Or you could be like me and just live with the consequences of not doodling. All that is left is to sew this one up the back, stuff the lovely piece (aka demon monster) and run a ribbon through to cinch it closed. All in all I am happy with the finish but it was just one of those pieces you seem to have to correct alot and redo several sections. Just me I am sure.In another 12 years I should have the needlebook done. Okay what you really want to see is the stash hall from the  not-so LNS Saturday.I drove in a incredible rainstorm to the destination and was rewarded with a wonder visit where I picked up 3 new charts, a couple of new scissors, silk floss, mother of pearl thread holders, a 30 count red pomegranate R&R linen, some John James  petites I was in desperate need of and of course the $2.35 of fabric to line the dogwood demon. As promised I cleaned after my 5 hours or so in the shop. I was few good initially and bought only a handful of things. Over lunch I meditated on items not purchased and  with a right mind from the full stomach I returned to conquer the remaining haul (spending twice the initial amount of course)  Back to complete the needleroll ... 

Confession is good for the soul,
Pam                                                           

3 comments:

  1. Your stitching is so beautiful! I like the effect of two colors of linen. Good job on the stash addition, what a nice reward for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I don't even know what a double button hole stitch is much well do it.
    Enjoy the shopping goodies.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo very nice :) and I hope you enjoyed your stash shopping ... there is nothing nicer than seeing all the goodies is there :)love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete