Monday, March 14, 2011

fear of finishing

that is what I'm going to call this one. I have had this lovely Hillside Samplings Stitching Chair Necessaaire with the basic stitching complete sine 2002. I read the finishing instructions and I am just not sure what happens to me. There are so many ways to mess up those lovely parts that the assembly is overwhelming. I did work on finishing a small needlebook this weekend. All I have left is the cording and I am done with it. I think it was my courage builder for the SCN. The pockets are finished. The fob is closed but not  corded. The pin cusion needs ... a fair amount of energey to assemble. We will see. Hopefully by this weekend I can have a completed show and tell. At least I made progress with the needle book. I'll post a picture after I cord tonight.

all confessed out,
Pam

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the needle book.
    I don't think you could mess it up beyond repair so just go for it.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just go for it :) take your time and read instructions carefully at each stage and you should be fine :).... don't rush it and it will work out .. if get stuck take picture of where you got up to and hollar ..lol love mouse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful. I had the same fear and finally told myself to stop being ridiculous and get it done. You will be so impressed with yourself after you take the plunge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! Going to be beautiful when you finish!

    ReplyDelete