Sunday, July 17, 2011

Vacation Recovery

 
This is my vacation stitching progress. Not much to show for a week off work. There was a lot of time spent with family, cooking for a crew(10), hiking, swimming and a bit of time on the motorcycles. At least I managed to get a few stitches in the middle of all of that. We got home yesterday so today we have been recovering from the fun of it all. Tomorrow back to work. The worst of it is that I promised myself after vacation I would get my large butt back to a diet and exercise plan so that starts tomorrow too. YUCK! But a must. I cannot hide behind the business of moving and life any longer. So if my post seem a little grumpy, I am waiting on the exercise endorphins to kick in.


This is our view from the top of Devil's Courthouse. It was quite a hike up to the top and I was at least 10 years younger the last time I went up that little hill. You can view 4 states from the top of the mountain. It really is quite a lovely view. Below is a picture of me and the kids at the start of the hike. You can see the peak over our shoulders. On the way down a 75 year old man was climbing up and was not even the least bit winded. Talk about a kick in the gut. I had to stop 3 times to catch my breath. Another push for the diet and exercise plan.

Eric and I rode our bikes to Cherokee one day and found the Paula Deen's Kitchen restaurant. That was a great day for a ride. It was overcast and felt more like fall than the middle of summer. I'm not a lover of all things hot so I was God's little gift to me that day.I had to try try the famous fried chicken and collard greens. Eric had the catfish plate with sweet potato wedges. But the shrimp and crab dip stole the show.  

Better get back to life,
Pam

5 comments:

  1. oooo sounds like you had a brill time and you managed to get some stitching in and every little helps :) I'm with you on the stopping a few times to admire the view as well ;) love mouse xcxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a good, very busy time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little dandy lions are really coming along.
    Glad you had some fun times.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great week off. I am envious of getting to eat at Paula's restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that I finally figured out how to leave a comment on your blog. I have been trying for WEEKS to leave a comment on your blog only to get lost in a never-ending loop of "sign in" only to never actually being able to "sign in" to leave a comment. Then some wonderful soul explained to me how to fix the problem!

    Ok, enough about me...it looks like you had a wonderful Smoky Mountain vacation! I am jealous! Oh, and to be able to eat at Paula's restaurant...divine!! And the fact you got a few x's in during your vacay is just a great bonus! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete