Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Do not Worry

I started this piece Saturday and  was able to work on it a bit Sunday as well. Most of my weekend went to the ever dreaded cleaning. I did a pretty good run at the dust monsters and clutter piles that seem to regenerate faster than any normal person can possible beat them back. Hopefully a bit more stitching ahead tonight. There are so many things to steal our focus in life. Work, family, busy activities abound. I love this piece because it is taken from one of my favorite passages.
 Matthew 6: 25 through 34 is always good to refocus a distracted life to God's lessons:
1. God takes care of the birds of the air. How much more valuable are you than them. He will take care of you too.
2. What good is worry? Does is solve any problem? God takes care of you needs better than you can imagine. Look at how he clothed the lilies. Will he not take better care of you?
3. God knows all your needs. Why seek and strive for them? Seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you. 
4.Do not worry about tomorrow, Each day has enough trouble of its own. 
Can you tell I have had a troubled day, full of striving, worry about material things and worry about other things? Always good to reground yourself with God's lessons. Focus on Him and His ways. 

Thanks for stopping for a visit,
Pam

3 comments:

  1. I've thought several times that this is a design I should stitch. Can't wait to see your progress, even though I'll probably have to do a bit of stash shopping when you post photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the reminder. I needed to hear those words today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful design. Sending hugs and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete