Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Boarder time

I have been doing a good bit of mindless stitching on the Fred's boarder. I am joining them together on one fabric so I tried to figure away to unite them as one piece. The long rectangle is my solution. I will fill it in with the bands of color that are under the birds in the individual graphs. I did the space 9 squares wide to match the width of the diamonds. Hopefully this will tie them together. I just could not get a picture of the 2 diamond bands on the outer boarder meeting well. Last night I was able to stitch the diamond frames and tonight I hope to but the black strip inner boarder. This will allow me to start stitching something besides boarder when I get tired of it. Surprisingly I have been happy to work on it. It allows me to stitch the pattern without worrying about the chart so I can just zoom though without really thinking about it.  It is also moving much faster than I thought it would.

Really should be thinking about some holiday stitching right now. Maybe a few ornaments and such for my Charlie Brown Christmas Tree from last year. I had a 4 day weekend last week and I am afraid I was not as productive as I should have been with stitches. I choose to pet my fibers, fabrics and charts instead. This can be a bit detrimental as one can become overwhelmed with the mass of it all! :)

Hope you all have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by,
Pam

3 comments:

  1. It is easy to get side tracked with stash and blogging but is is a great part of our hobby/passion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress Pam. I love your idea. I started one, but stitch them separately. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have seen anyone stitch these on one piece ~ I'm looking forward to watching yours come to life ~ I bet it is going to be stunning!!

    ReplyDelete