Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fun Day Trip

This past Friday, April and I were finally able to meet up and ride a short 70 minutes away to a most wonderful LNS. The Cross stitch Peddler in Decatur. I say short 70 minutes because time and miles fly when you are running your mouth and laughing the entire trip. Being a pair of very bad bloggers, neither April or myself had enough brain power to snap a photo. We had one mission, petting as many fibers, fabrics and charts as possible while we were in the shop. I think we were pretty successful. I picked up a few Thanksgiving charts sure to be stitched in time for this years festivities- NOT! Some silk gaze kits because I have only 2 waiting. Plus and old DT -The Good Neighbor, it was only $6- who could resist? 
This photo does not to the fabrics justice. Maureen has the best selection at her shop. The is a coffee type with flecks of brown bits, golden piece, vintage antiques white, lavender-pink-grey piecce, painted earth piece and a piece that looks like robins eggs. bought as much as I could afford but not all I wanted of course. 

I was going to snap a photo of the Java-Jay's Cashew Chicken Salad sandwich but I was starving by the time we got there and I just inhaled it. Maybe next trip....It truly is my favorite chicken salad sandwich. It has dried cranberry and just enough mayo. They serve it on whole grain bread with  a pickle spear, kettle chips and a brownie bite just in case anyone is reading hungry. 

April graciously allowed me to show her my children, otherwise known as completed projects. She wandered through the house and was very kind as I showed her the pieces. 

We reality will close in from my 4 days off work bright and early in the morning. It was a nice break in the normal pace to be able to spend a day at the stitch shop and play with the haul through the weekend. If only my fingers worked as fast as my eyes see them finished.

Thanks for spending a few minutes with me,
Pam 

6 comments:

  1. Great new stash. We can never have enough.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you and April had alot of fun!! Very nice shopping also....hmmm, you can neva eva have too much linen!!! Take care, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed it so much! I am fingering my stuff still tonight! lol Starting LK Fall Squared tonight. All your stitching is beautiful! Glad you had a good time too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you had a wonderful time ... and had to laugh at the no photos bit ... lovely stash haul and fabbie too :)enjoy :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is a pickle spear?

    How nice to spend a day with your friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun day! It is always a good time when one can have a day with a stitchy friend!

    ReplyDelete