Friday, October 25, 2013

Pampered with Progress

My trip to Myrtle Beach for the pals retreat began with pampering.I drove 2 hours east to Atlanta to pick up Teresa. After driving another 2 hours and stopping to eat at Cracker Barrel we stopped for the night. On my bed I found to belated birthday gifts with my favorite fall them. Squirrels and acorns. How cute are these little goodies. A mug rug and cup wrap, pin cushion and pattern or recipe holder, dish towel and clings for the window. My vacation had began with spoiling.The next morning we got up and after breakfast headed out. We only found one shop to pit stop at along the way and it didn't have needlework. It was an Antique/junk store.It was at least very interesting.  

This place was huge and had it all.There were 2 parrots squawking when you pull into the parking lot that alert the shop owner of fresh targets arriving. I don't think I have seen such a wide variety of stuff in a shop in a very long time. From a disco ball to a bear skin rug, every decade of glassware and dishes to collect. There was a stack of golf balls 3 layers high in egg trays and furniture from really bad thrift to great pieces. It was a fun little stop to stretch the legs the on the 4 hour frive from Augusta to Myrtle Beach. 
More pampering awaited as we got to the retreat Teresa made this cute beach themed table set complete with mermaid needle minder and By the Bay stitch and inch scissor fob. How nice is that? Drink holder for hot or cold beverage and snack plate to offer chocolates for visitors who stop by our stitching nest. Notice none of the chocolates made it to the picture:) 
This is my one lone finish from the weekend and it was already started. How sad is that? It is a freebie from the City Stitcher from 1997. I stitched it for an exchange a while back. Hope you are still liking it Catherine... and had to have it too.

Good progress was made on the Fred's I added some color and a bit of the filling in has begun. The boarder may break me but hopefully I can fill in as I add color.

This is a silk gauze piece I finally started. Gail introduced me to silk gauze a couple of years ago at the New England Stitchers Retreat and I have collected a few charts but failed to start them. I am really enjoying it and glad I finally built up my courage to start on them.I fear this post is so long I may have lost some of you. Next post promises to be filled with .....stash! You didn't think I would be that good as to not buy on this retreat! 

Thanks for stopping by,
Pam

5 comments:

  1. You were certainly pampered and your retreat looks like it was great fun! What sort of choccies were they? Lovely finish and I love your silk start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooooooooooo love those goodies you certainly were spoilt .... love the idea of parrots as guard dogs ...lol and well done on working on the silk gauze tooo ...
    glad you had a fab time and shame on you no stash this time to drool over * sigh will have to be patient to see it now .... love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was my pleasure to spoil you. Can't wait for our next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun times and lovely gifts! And yes, I still love my gift!! It has a place in my dining room on top of my hutch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure do like that City Stitcher freebie. It's one of theirs I haven't saved. Do you happen to have a link? Fred is looking good, too! Haven't had the courage to start a silk gauze, either...

    ReplyDelete