Friday, June 24, 2011

Back to Christmas

I made a few more stitches in one of the four trees last night. It has been easy to fill in the white section of this one. The green was completed at last years retreat. I have one with the white complete waiting on the green. At some point I hope to make it to the specialty stitches at the bottom of these. Four little Christmas snow scenes.

If I am not too tired tonight I want to do the cutting for the quilted wall hanging. I'll keep you posted on that progress. I do have a question. What is the best way to organize and store your fabrics? I am really pleased with the piece I bought for the needlework storage but with quilting comes a new dilemma? Where to hide all the lovely stash which is sure to follow????

Have a good day and thanks for stopping by,
Pam

2 comments:

  1. The best way to organize fabric is by color. It will be easier when you have to go into your stash and decide on fabrics to coordinate for future patterns you may do. Some specialty fabrics are best to keep together since they are a type such as oriental, batik and even holiday themed fabrics. To me, those should stay together. That is just my personal preference though.

    Have fun!

    Jennifer in Miami :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are working on your tree. I did all the green first so the white was so easy.
    Have fun with your fabrics.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

    ReplyDelete