Wednesday, November 30, 2011

JOY

It was a busy week last week. I did manage to stitch this cute little LK ornament from 2007 JCS. I have three more ornaments stitched and hope to find some time to finish them this weekend. Then they can add a little life to my Charlie Brown Ornament Tree. This leaves me only 70 more waiting in my old JCS issues. As you can see I'm just blazing through them. :) 


Saturday we were able to get the Christmas Tree up! The tree is in blues and silvers but you cannot really see it from this picture. I still need a topper but that will have to wait until this weekend. Tomorrow we are looking at a school for DD to see what her options are for the next step to moving on with adult life. (and out of our house) We are glad she is here but this is not a forever type of arrangement. :)


Well I know you were all wondering how long I could make it without another stitching escape. I have signed up for the Silver Needle stitching camp. 120 days. Let the countdown begin! Once a year is not enough for me. As a way of justifying my actions, I accrue almost 7 weeks off a year and my husband gets a whopping 2 weeks off. By my calculations that leaves me a good 4 weeks to plan stitching events and I have only 2 planned at this point. I am already dreaming of no one asking me what's for dinner. The most dreaded question around in my book.  


Dare we say that Christmas is only 24 days from tomorrow and I am so not ready. Same condition I was in this time last year. I remember my single days. I had all my shopping done and gifts made by Thanksgiving. I am sure everyone hated me for it.:) Now I suffer the time crunch with the rest of the world. 


Thanks for stopping by,
Pam

9 comments:

  1. How cute it your finish! And what a pretty tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ornament! I usually have my shopping done by this time but I am slacking this year. Wish me luck with the hunt for the perfect gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the ornie - I bet your tree is gorgeous in full size ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo nice ornie finish and way to go on the tree being up .. more than we have ..lol I am sooo not ready this year ..lol love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Joy ornament. Wish I had my Christmas stuff out. Tree is beautiful.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet ornament and your tree looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty ornament and i am in no way jealous of your upcoming stitching camp - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam, you are going to LOVE Camp Wannasew, Lindy and the entire crew! I have beeb 4 times and would love to go back!
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pam, I am so behind! I just saw your note on my blog. Thank you. Now I am onto reading your blog. Your tree looks beautiful. Mine and my husbands vacation time sounds like your situation. I don't let the grass grow under my feet because he can't get off work. Enjoy planning your next retreat. There are so many good ones out there.

    ReplyDelete