Friday, September 9, 2011

Baking Season

The Labor Day brought lots of rain-8 inches and much cooler weather. It got me in the mood for some fall baking. This is an Apple Cream Cheese cake with Praline glaze. Recipe is in this months Southern Living Mag. It took me an hour and a half total time. They say it will be 4.5 hours start to finish. Not sure who figures that for them but they are a bit off. Also, The recipe called for allspice and I would substitute  cloves if I made it again. Allspice was a little off to me. It is going back up into the mid 80's this weekend but the few days we had of fall weather were wonderful. I cannot wait for it to stay cooled off.

I have been stitching an exchange piece so I cannot post that yet. This weekend after my sons cross-country race I plan to get some finishing done. The fall pieces and the quilt I hope. I husband is complaining I have not finished it yet. If he only knew how much unfinished stuff I have- scary I think.

Have a good weekend,
Pam

6 comments:

  1. First you tempt me with pictures of the cake and now you tease the world. Shame on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks sooooo good! Let's not talk about unfinished projects!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo looks yummyyyy and we don't get to see other pictures of your stuff .. shame ..lol :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMg...I so want to make that cake too. I made my ingredients list but never made it to the grocery store. I don't like allspice so thanks for the tip..will probably leave it out altogether....sugar is enough spice for me!

    happy stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so yummy! If my oven wasn't out of order I would be looking up the recipe and baking one too. :)

    God bless and keep you,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete