Monday, October 17, 2011

For Patricia

Above is a picture of Leslie(blond) and Patricia(brunette). The delightful ladies from Maine that stayed across the hall from us at the retreat. They came back from both retreats and I meet them both at last years event. It was so good to spend more time with them this year and enjoy their company. Hope to do a better job of staying in touch this next year.

On the first piece my progress was slow. I got the chair bottom stitched but not assembled. The fob, pin cushion back and needle book rug are all still waiting for completion. Lucky for me they are all small projects. No pictures to show yet. Sorry. Great progress on the VS project. I was able to get the pincushion top complete and strawberry fob stitched. Like most of Thea's pieces they stitch so fast and have a nice rhythm to them. They are all packed up today as Teresa and I are leaving to roam the countryside today and tomorrow until my flight leaves at 6. The retreat is complete except for breakfast this morning and the goodbyes.

I'll have to sort thru the photos and projects when I get home for more pictures. It was all too much fun and Nataly and Marie provided a sinful amount of goodies and door prises each night of the events. I am coming home with a treasure chest full of fibers and buttons and a most embarrassing 5 pair of fob less scissors. Naked scissors are always such and embarrassment don't you think? 

4 comments:

  1. So glad you had such a fun retreat! Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the naked scissors comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naked scissors....hahahaha

    Glad you had a nice time. I've enjoyed reading and seeing all the pics from each stitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about your retreat experience! What a fabulous time! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete