Thursday, October 20, 2011

one last retreat post

Hopefully you can all stand one more post about the retreat. Pictured above are Gail and Jackie. They both did the most AMAZING silk gauze work. Gail had stitched one of the Hawks Run pieces on silk gauze. I have never seen anything like it before. Jackie had this cute Halloween piece that was equally amazing. It was so good they inspired me to purchase some and give it a whirl. I would show you all my progress but I have all the stitching stuff from the retreat hidden in the corner of my bedroom. There are some events which should take place alone and I believe fondling fresh stash is one of them. My husband did tell me my little corner of sanity is beginning to look like an episode of hoarders. Saturday while he is at work I will be able to sort and and take some pictures.
These four lovely ladies are from Australia. They were so sweet they way they tended to each other and they could shop like nothing I have ever seen. They said our prices were so much better than theirs they could not help themselves. They each had the sweetest spirit about them. Teresa and I spent our break day between retreats touring them to King Arthur Flour,  quilting shops and Hobby Lobby. Who knew it would be such an adventure packed day. It made me feel like I had gone to Australia to go around with them and learn the variances in our English. Hopefully they will be safe at home by Friday and we can email soon.
Teresa and I toured the hi-ways and by-ways on the way to taking me to the airport. We  saw the some very picturesque towns and road stands on the first day. It was fun to travel with someone who can pull into a thrift store or antique shop as fast as I can. I got some great blue glass for next to nothing.We ended the day in Portsmouth and took off the next morning for the coast. What a great time that was as well. All of this was needed to prepare me for the bumpy airplane ride home. We were delayed a bit due to flying around storms. I have a cast iron system and never get motion sick but the airplane ride home tested my limits. I'll leave you with a picture of the church at Portsmouth at dusk. 
  
Thanks for stopping by,
Pam

5 comments:

  1. Pam, I thank you and Teresa for sharing your travels and retreats with us. I so enjoyed reading both of your blogs. I am envious. I would love to be able to attend a retreat like that and to travel with it would be the best. Thank you again!! Oh and I look forward to seeing your new stash this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you had a fab time with Teresa and met up with those lovely ladies :) can't wait to see your stash haul :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your retreat with us. You and Teresa had such a great time together. Those ladies from Australia must have been fun to be with! Did you pick up their accents while you were together?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing the retreat through everyone's blogs may be as close as I ever get - at least until my boys are older! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam it was great meeting you! It's nice to know there are many people out there that share the same passion for needlework. Can't wait to see your progress on your silk gauze and if you ever have any questions please ask. If your ever in my neck of the woods let me know, i'm sure there is some kind of trouble we can get into.

    ReplyDelete