Friday, October 7, 2011

sympathy vote

This is my fun for the next few days. My husband had his tonsils out and sinus reconstruction yesterday. We were at the hospital 12 good hours. He had a few issues from his saturation's being low from pain medications so we got a little bonus time. They wanted to keep him but Iof course he was too stubborn to stay. I would like to say the MD was wonderful as well as the nursing team who took care of him. I hope he can go back to work by Tuesday when I leave for my retreat. Just in case someone was thinking I had not earned my week of me time. I was able to work on The Breath of Autumn by chessie and me. I was able to work on the border a fair amount. I had started it couple of days ago and didn't like the linen color- too cream- so I did a coffee dye with my morning leftovers and got a really golden color I love, Happy to be stitching it again. I am also converting to over dye cottons. The silks were too rich for my blood on this one. 12 at 7.50 each. Ouch. I am having to be a bit more budget minded right now. The lighting was not really good in the waiting area so my piece looks like I have a touch of ADD. I had a hard time counting the long stretches so I would skip to a spot I could count. Sad but true. I leave in 4 days. ready or not here I come:)

Pam

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe you posted his picture. Good luck with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo hope he gets well soon and is a good patient too ... fingers crossed all goes well for the retreat too :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the retreat! With a sick dude in the house I am sure you will have earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your hubby recovers soon! Have fun at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! And you - well, have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... poor guy. hope he recovers and heals quickly.

    Hope you have a good time at the retreat too. :)

    ReplyDelete